Passports & Visas

You are responsible for ensuring that your passport and other documents are as required by the country you are visiting. You must ensure that you are in possession of a full 10-year passport valid for the duration of your holiday. If you do not have a British passport, please check with your own consulate or embassy regarding entry requirements for the country you are travelling to. 

TRAVELLING AFTER 29TH MARCH 2019 - The rules for travelling to most countries in Europe will change if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. After 29th March 2019, British passport holders should have at least 6 months left on their passport (adults & children). Click for more information

The current reciprocal European Health Insurance scheme may also  come to an end, meaning that you can no longer use your EHIC card and obtain medically necessary treatment under that card in your destination country. While the existence of the EHIC scheme is not an alternative to obtaining adequate travel insurance, an inability to rely upon it after Brexit may mean that a greater level of travel insurance is required and so you should take this into account when purchasing travel insurance for you and your party.

For information on Brexit.

French Embassy

Tel: 020 7073 1200

Austrian Embassy

Tel: 020 7344 3250

FCO Information

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice Unit may have issued information about your holiday destination. You are advised to check this information on the internet: or on 020 7238 4503/4504. Alternatively, you can call ABTA on 020 7008 0232 (calls are charged at 50p/minute).

Health cover

If you are a UK resident, you are entitled to free or reduced cost state provided health care when visiting EU countries. (After Brexit this may come to an end, refer above) To obtain treatment you need to take a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you. You can apply for an EHIC by picking up an application form at the Post Office or go to

It is recommended to consider taking Carre Neige (Val d'Isere) or Arlberg Safety Card (St Anton) which for a couple of Euros per day offer insurance for search, rescue and transport off the mountain in the event of an accident. These can be purchased with your lift passes. - Arlberg Safety card

It is a condition of booking with Ski-Val that you take out winter holiday insurance, that covers skiing, at the time of booking. This will ensure you are covered for any accidents/injuries, it also provides cover in the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your holiday. For more information on insurance visit our Travel Insurance page.

Travellers’ Guide

We recommend that this be read by all your group to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible Travellers’ Guide.