We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential and it is an express condition of booking with Ski-Val (and any other travel company)  that this is in place for everyone travelling in your party, no liability will be accepted for anyone travelling without adequate travel/ski insurance.  

May we also take this opportunity to remind you that skiing is a hazardous sport and that you ski at your own risk, please always ensure you stick within your capabilities and confidence. In addition you must bear in mind that the Alps in Winter are as harsh as ever for example, extreme weather, avalanches, you could be snowed in (or out), pistes and lift closures and even  travel disruptions to and from resort  due to circumstances beyond our control.

Your insurance cover must  provide cover for the activities you are planning to do and at least include the following: 

    • Mountain rescue including by helicopter
    • Emergency Medical Expenses including, amongst other costs ambulance charges and repatriation 
    • Cancellation of your trip or Curtailment cutting short your trip 
    • Personal Liability to include, amongst other liabilities; damage caused by your (or your party’s) negligence to the property in which you are staying. Also, injury to other skiers.
    • Travel and transfer delays which must include amongst other costs; additional costs incurred in the event of a delay

Introducing MPI Brokers, award winning specialist insurance providers who provide a good level of cover at competitive prices. Click for a quote.


It is recommended that you take insurance at the time of booking, this will ensure you are covered in the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your holiday. If you are a UK resident you are currently entitled to free or reduced cost state provided health care when visiting EU countries. To obtain treatment you need to take a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you. You can apply for an EHIC by picking up an application form at the Post Office or go to

Remember as a general rule, insurance companies will only pay out for claims once you are back in the UK. This depends on sufficient evidence such as police reports in the case of theft and hospital/doctor bills in case of any medical claim.

In addition to your insurance,   it is recommended to consider taking Carre Neige (Val d'Isère) or Arlberg Safety card (St Anton) which for a couple of Euros per day offer insurance for Search, rescue and transport off the mountain in the event of an accident. These can be purchased with your lift passes.